Thursday 24 March 2016

FINAL SOUNDTRACK PRODUCTIONS : PROPOSAL

Lucy - 'I Feel Everything'



Director: Luc Besson

Description: Within this clip the main character is getting surgically cut into, whilst calling her mother on the phone and having a short conversation. Additionally, I will only be doing 50 seconds of this scene.

Sound Effects: I will use a mixture of pre-made sound effects from the website freesound.org as this is a sound effects website that allows people to upload and download sound effects for free without any copyright issues. The sound effects I will use are:
  • Phone dialling - This sound effect will be used at the start of the scene when the main character (Lucy) is seen dialling a phone number into her phone.
  • Phone calling - After dialling the number into her phone, this sound effect will follow when she waits for her mother to pick up the phone. 
  • Paper tearing - I will use this sound effect for when the doctor cuts through a bandage.
  • Fabric rustling - This sound effect will be used throughout to create atmosphere for what the doctor is doing off screen.
  • Stitches ripping - This sound effect will be played when there is a close up shot of the doctor cutting the main characters stitches open.

Music: I will either find some free music online, making sure there are no copyright issues, or I will create my own music in Garage Band using the instruments on the programme. However I will most likely do the latter as I found that through workshops, that this technique works better as I can create the music to how I want it to be. Additionally, the music within the scene wont be overly noticeable due to the fact that within the original clip there isn't any specific music but rather music to create the ambience of the scene. To achieve this I will then most likely use minimal instruments from Garageband and make a subtle sounding music track solely to help add to the tense atmosphere.

Spoken Word: The main sound aspect within this scene is the dialogue therefore I will have to practice a few times to achieve the desired mood and meaning that suits the scene. For example the main character speaks with despair, whilst the mother on the phone speaks with a casual and happy tone. I have also made a script so that I know exactly what to say so that it definitely matches with the mouths of the characters. Additionally, the mother is heard through a phone, therefore I will use an effect called 'telephone vocal' so that it creates the illusion that my voice over is coming through the phone. 

Script:
SFX: Dialling a phone.

SFX: Cutting through fabric.

 SFX: Phone ringing.

Mother: Hello.

Lucy: Mum,

Mother: Hey, Lucy. Baby it’s great to hear from you. But what time is it over there?

Lucy: I don’t know it’s night.

Mother: Hold on a sec; let me get rid of the other line.

Surgeon: (Whispering) I’m going to have to go inside.

SFX: Fabric rustling.

Mother: I’m back. You’re not partying too much, are you? You promised me you’d look after yourself.

Lucy: I’m trying to mum - I am trying to.

Mother: Well, thanks for calling out of the blue like this. Your father is gonna be sad he missed you, he isn’t home from the gym yet, usually you call us in the morning.

Lucy: Mum,

Mother: Yes?


Lucy: I feel everything.

Personnel: I will be creating the voice over for all the characters, and I will alternate my voice when recording to create the effect of different people speaking.

Locations/Equipment/Software: I will need a computer with Garage Band on it to create the voice dubbing, music, sound effects, and to edit the clip as a whole. I will also need a separate room to record the voice over, as I don't want any background music. Lastly, I will need everyday objects to create the Foley sound effects. 


You're Next - 'We Should Each Carry A Weapon' 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9VV9WrEb0g

Director: Adam Wingard

Description: During this short 30 second scene one character begins to try and hand out knives to the other characters, however is then disrupted when the villain smashes through the window. The villain proceeds to approach the main character before lowering their axe to her, which is swiftly dodges. 

Sound Effects: 
The sound effects that I will use for this clip will all be pre-made sound effects from a free website called freesound.org. These effects will include:
  • Smashing glass - The smashing glass effect will be used for when the window breaks during the clip before the villain enters.
  • Cutlery dropping - This will be used when the female character drops the bunch of knives on the ground due to shock, after the window smashes.
  • Breathing - For when the female character is on the ground and moving back quickly.
  • Footsteps - This will be for when the female character first enters the scene, walking into the room.
  • Shuffling - This sound effect will be used when the other two characters retreat from the scene.
  • Siren - This will be used not as an actual sound effect but more for the music, I will have it on loop in the background as it creates an alarming mood within the scene. 
Music: For the music used in this scene I will get it from the same website I used for the sound effects (freesound.org). Here I will use a mixture of two longer sound effects described as ambient atmosphere, and tense background sound, I will layer them together to create the music for this clip. I will do this to achieve a tense mood as well as helping it fit within the horror genre of the film. 

Spoken Word: 
There is only one line of dialogue within this scene; to sound dub over it I will record my own voice saying the lines of the character using a programme called Garage Band. I have also made a script so that I know exactly what to say so that it definitely matches with the mouth of the character.

Script:
Woman: Okay we should each carry a weapon.

SFX: Window shattering

Woman: (Gasp)

SFX: Knives dropping onto the ground

Music: Starts & builds up.

 Personnel: The only person needed for this would be a female to do the voice over, however I have decided to do that myself. 

Locations/Equipment/Software: 
I will need a computer with Garage Band on it to create the voice dubbing, music, sound effects, and to edit the clip as a whole. I will also need a separate room to record the voice over as I don't want any background music. 







No comments:

Post a Comment